Thursday, April 12, 2018

I Like Thursdays #84 inside and outside

Welcome to this week's list of likes... How about this lawn ornament?
I liked the way it caught the bright sunlight of spring as seen on our morning walk one day. 

I love to take pictures. I took a photography class years ago when I lived in Edmonton Alberta (Canada) and had a 35 mm film Canon camera. I could manipulate all the settings and learned to  pay attention to focal lengths and apertures 
 That became one of my ways to express myself and now that I use a digital point and shoot I just play with composition and lighting. DH gave me a digital slr but I don't know how to use it yet. 

I liked this pin cushion pattern  cathedral-window
 It was fun to try a new pattern, and I'm using my yellow scraps for the link party at Rainbow Scrap Challenge on Saturday. Just so happens I can't reach my yellow scraps box, but I looked thru the drawer for pieces that were already cut into, and calling them big scraps, I used them! 

How about the little flip flops I found in a trims box??! So cute. I would have worn them to Clearwater beach in Florida, when I was a young bikini clad girl! 

Why make one, when you figure out the pattern, just make several!
are the other pin cushions back there jealous???
I made this one for my friend Nancy
and this one for my friend Cindy
It needs  embellishment.

I liked this tree all twined with another tree like lov-ahs!

I liked this log Rocking horse seen in a person's back yard....

Now that's ingenious. A log, with a carved face, stick legs.



I like my older "Cole" posts...
I saw that someone read this older Cole post so I went to re-read it and dang!  that Cole was so funny! If you want to read about Cole too, the link is here http://lapaylor.blogspot.com/2015/01/a-little-red-wagon-duck-and-poodle.html

Milo's Moments
Hi Y'all! 
BOL!    Life's a bowl of kibbles! 

Did you know I'm all big now at one year old! I decided I can run my own life now! 
After all I'm in charge of Security around here...
  I am a good guard. I bark out warnings of EVERYthing!  And there's a lot to bark about, in fact Mama is writing a whole post just for me and my alerts! So,  I like being the boss. 

When we take off for a walk, I pull my people out the door so they don't change their minds. I pull them down the street  (like a draft horse says Mama) ( that's good right? ) I tell them which way I want to go. If they get out of control I bite the leash and yank them back into agreement. 

I like a good toy found on a walk. Sticks will do, trash is good, rabbit poop is the best! But today, I found something really scary at the human-puppies playground...

Image result for soccer ball

Mama said, "it's okay, go look!"
Really? Are you sure? And what's this critter?
 So I looked the way I looks ...with my nose... and she pushed IT with her foot!

Wowie! What the heck is that???? I WAAAAAAAANNNNTTTTTT it! So I played with it for 15 minutes trying to ignore mama yelling to come on. Whee! Have you tried one? It was hilarious! I chased that thing all over the field, and even picked it up and ran with it!
They are not easy to pick up but I have enormous Poodle Teeth!

What fun, I recommend them highly. I would have happily rolled it home but Mama said to "LEAVE IT" which is my least favorite ever human word ever ever.
Well I don't like stay either.

Okay now, sit! Stay! Look at these peeps also keeping it happy today with their lists.
 1 . .http://3poodlesandanana
2 craftscaviescontras
3.maryinpeoriahandmade.blogspot.com
4...http://littlepenguinquilts
5. http://sandysnowden.blogspot.co.uk/
6.. http://whataboutrheema.blogspot.com/
7.https://canadianneedlenana.blogspot.com/ 
8...http://homesewnbyus
9..http://imworkingonaproject
10.. https://barrels-of-monkeys.blogspot.com/ 
11. https://quiltingreadersgarden.blogspot.com/

12 Mary in Boulder
 
 


 

 linking to some of these

https://www.sewcanshe.com/ 
http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/ 

design wall Mondays at smallquiltsanddollquilts
lovelaughquilt.mondays
Main Crush Monday
the mop link party mondays
sew can do mondays

Make My Saturday Sweet @ Amanda’s Books and More
http://www.quiltfabrication.com/
Our World Tuesday
Travel_Tuesday  Our World Tuesday
Travel_Tuesday 

design wall Mondays at smallquiltsanddollquilts
lovelaughquilt.mondays http://sky watch Fridays
http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com
http://asoutherndaydreamer
Thankful Thursdays pet parade
http://goodrandomfun.blogspot.com
http://itsasmalltownlife.blogspot.com/
http://shabbyartboutique.com
willy nilly Friday (random images)
habbyartboutique fridays

http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog/pink-saturday/  
  


37 comments:

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi LeeAnna,
The people by you have such interesting yard art! I love that sun! So very cool - I'm sure someone locally made it. Your pin cushions are so darn cute! I'll bet those pin cushions in the back are a little jealous, only because there are three new ones. But once they realize they aren't all sticking around, so to speak, they'll warm up. Oh Milo! You sweet boy. ~smile~ Roseanne

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Your improv quilting was so good, LeeAnna. Makes me want to give it another try.
Cathedral window is a design I see a lot and have never tried but boy it makes the cutest pin cushions.
Milo is so playful- rabbit buttons are a favourite find in our neck of the woods too. LOL

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

That lawn ornament just lights up the space. The yards in my neighborhood are not that interesting. I love those pincushions. They are so intricate. I've never done a cathedral pattern so I may have to try it. Have a great day! mary

Sara said...

I smiled just imagining Milo's fun with that soccer ball. So funny! Love these pincushions with the cute buttons. I have that pattern but haven't tried making one yet.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your pincushions are so cute! Isn't it fun to make something small like that?! Sounds like Milo had lots of fun with that soccer ball!

Tamar SB said...

Those pillows are awesome!

Ella said...

I like so much that cushion pattern.
Thank you for sharing!

Judy Biggerstaff said...

I like your cathedral window pin cushions. I'm working on a quilt with cathedral windows, it's my first time to try them.

PaintedThread said...

Those pin cushions are really cute. Very cheery. Love that sunshine lawn ornament.

MissPat said...

Wish I could find something like the sun lawn ornament. I think stuff like that is really neat.
A friend we stayed with in Greensboro has a cathedral windows quilt made by her grandmother. It was so charming, I decided I wanted to start one to use as my hand work project. We'll see if that really happens.
It must have been fun watching Milo chase the soccer ball around. You should buy him a nerf one. He'd have it shredded in no time. On second thought ... maybe not a good idea.
Pat

Brian's Home Blog said...

That lawn ornament with the crystal ball look is way cool and those pillows are ready for a Spring nap. Hey Milo, good job pal! Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Adorable cushions, so fresh and colorful! Extra ear scratches for Milo, the guard dog. 🐩

Michelle said...

I like the creativity with the log. I always appreciate how people can turn nothing into something. Thanks for linking up today and have a GREAT weekend!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

I love anything that captures the light - love the sunflower ornament! The pin-cushions are wonderful, too. Milo is so funny - I can picture him dragging you down the street. My daughter has a black Labra-Doodle and he is just the same way, and always has a ball in his mouth. I love Milo's curiosity! x Karen

Angie said...

Those are the most beautiful pin cushions I have ever seen!

phearomkea88 said...

Adorable cushions, so fresh and colorful! Extra ear scratches for Milo, the guard dog. 🐩

HolidayPalace
Gclub

Mari said...

What cute little pincushions! I agree, spring feels wonderful. Have a good weekend, friend!

Ida said...

What cute pincushions.
Loved the Rocking Horse
Very sweet lookingdog.

Angie in SoCal said...

I admire your photos - very good and interesting.

Tom said...

...I like any day that ends in a 'Y!'

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I like the yard art. The pincushions and flip flops are cute. Milo is a pretty dog. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

Ivani said...

cute pin cushions!

Norma Schlager said...

Those pincushions are so darn cute. I always thought that cathedral windows were done by hand, but these machine stitched ones are terrific!

Cathy said...

Those pin cushions are darling! The yellow one with flip flops is killer!! You’ll have to get Milo his own black and white round toy, LOL.

Betty J. Crow said...

Milo is so witty! Love those pin cushions. Especially the one with flip flops.

Danice G said...

The pin cushions are beautiful. I have always been afraid to attempt the cathedral window pattern. And, the flip flops are too cute.

Christine Slaughter said...

I love the pin cushions! They are so bright and colorful. You always make such great use of color! Milo has a great sense of humour! Love that segment of today's post.

Judy D in WA said...

I LOVE these I like posts! They are just full wonderfulness!!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Cute little pincushions ;))

Kay L. Davies said...

Oh, LeeAnna, you and Milo crack me up, my friend! Our little Bonnie-Belinda also pulls like a draft horse and my husband refuses to correct her because he says she's having fun. Unfortunately, that means she pulls when I walk her, and I'm not very strong any more. Fortunately, though, we have a friend who comes, twice a day, to walk Bonnie when Dick is away on business. Whew! Still, now that the weather seems to be warming up (you never know in Alberta, right?) I might take her for a walk myself, to see how it goes. You and Milo seem to have inspired me.
Hugs to you and Milo, too.
Kay
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Lydia C. Lee said...

I like the micro and macro of the sun

Glenda said...

ROFL Oh that was so so funny Loved it. I always go away feeling good after visiting you Big hugs Glenda

likeschocolate said...

Love the sun decor for the garden! Have a lovely week!

cocoya said...

Those pin cushions are darling! The yellow one with flip flops is killer!! You’ll have to get Milo his own black and white round toy, LOL.

Royal1688
Gclub

Susan said...

Those are adorable pinchusions, not only for the pattern, but your added touch of flip flops! Too cute!

Go-Go Kim said...

Thank you so much for making the cathedral window pincushions and sharing my pattern link <3 Yous are stunning!

cocoya said...

Those pin cushions are really cute. Very cheery. Love that sunshine lawn ornament.

ทางเข้า D2BET