Wednesday, August 5, 2015

On the road to Syracuse... a carousel

On our way to Syracuse for the AQS quilt show, we stopped in Binghampton NY to stretch our legs.
This is a carousel house. A benefactor donated several carousels to the area with the request that they  remain free to ride.

Cole was very scared of the horse...
Cautiously he approached from behind, sniffing it's tail. Then, he looked around to see if anyone noticed his fear...




Cole:  "what the fizzle! That was the weirdest dang thing! All stiff, and floating in the air... no smell though. Humans and their stuff"

Cole and Drew escaped went out first, and I took this pic through the window, then noticed the sign above their heads.

So true... poodles are ever young, and have big ears. I'd sure hate to hear Cole using bad words.






Being young at heart although old of years, Drew had a birthday the following day. We went into Syracuse and walked around Armory Square and visited this guitar store named " Ish "



 Drew started learning to play guitar at Christmas, and he loves it. He practices each day. I had gotten him a stylish hat for his birthday, and asked if there might be something to interest him in this store.
See him through the glass, red shirt and new hat, talking music with the owner?? I love this picture.
Cole and I had stepped out, as Cole was waaaaaay too interested in the store for my comfort. I don't know if there were critters or bodies or what, but he wanted to inspect every nook and cranny.
Drew got a pick with the store name on it... Ish. More travel pictures to come...

7 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Love carousels!!!! Drew looks great in his new hat! Happy BD to him!

Amy Art Quilter & Fyber Cafe said...

I love restored carousels, the carving is incredible. You are lucky to see them. Enjoy the show, I was so lucky to be able to see, it in NY on Wednesday, when I was there. Amy from Oregon.

LA Paylor said...

boy I wish I'd been there on Wed to look at the show with you!
Leeanna

gayle said...

Happy Bday to Drew!
Did Cole try to ride the carousel, or did he think it was just another crazy human thing?

Lorna McMahon said...

Looks like you all had a great time. I love the carousel. Definitely would have went for a ride on that!

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Pawsome photos!
♪♪♫♪♥♥[̲̅̅H̲̅][̲̅̅A̲̅][̲̅̅P̲̅][̲̅̅P̲̅][̲̅̅Y̲̅] [̲̅̅B̲̅][̲̅̅I̲̅][̲̅̅R̲̅][̲̅̅T̲̅][̲̅̅H̲̅][̲̅̅D̲̅][̲̅̅A̲̅][̲̅̅Y̲̅]♥♥♫♪ to Cole's dad.

Ann said...

How fun to see this carousel. And to have a talented husband who plays guitar for you.