Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Stick to it




Places to stick something

create pin holder
 I thought I'd share a few of my pin cushions today. I am a collector of pins and pin cushions. Currently I use the large blue one made specially for me by my friend Bernadette. It has a hole to hold tools, and sits right by the machine in all it's useful glory. The little square one is by my friend Cheryl who loves wool quilts. There is a little basket with roving in a swirl made by my friend and fellow artist Suze. The blue/green bowl is made by my friend Linda Schiffer (her blog) I made most of the others.

The little bird is derived from a free pattern  click here   Bird Pattern
I changed the pattern, added wings and feet but the basic pattern is easy to do. 

Of course these are the REAL pin cushions according to my husband:

Any time you want to make me a pin cushion, it'll happily join the others and you'll get good sewing mojo
LeeAnna




8 comments:

Maria said...

I love pincushions as well, don't know what it is about them that make them so addicting to collect:-)

Cathy Perlmutter said...

LeeAnna, your holders are a treat for the senses! I love that you included pincushions and bowls in the same category! I want to decorate my house like that!

Sherrie Spangler said...

I LOVE these pincushions! Thanks for posting.

Hilachas said...

Nice pincushions. I also have pincushions like those huge chairs, haha. Thanks for sharing.

Janet said...

Nice collection! I especially love the little armchair. My hubby complains VERY loudly when I leave pins stuck in the arms of the couch. I can`t figure out why...

Maria said...

Oh you do have a thing for pincushions... Love the tiny arm chair ...
And yes I use the big chairs too for my pins...

Raewyn said...

Gorgeous, LeeAnna, what a great collection you have! A girl can never have too many pincushions, I reckon :-)

Jo said...

Love the teapot one. You have some fun ones their